How to Choose the Right CDL Driver Staffing Firm for You
You have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and a clean driving record. While you’re not particularly unhappy with the company you’re with, the grind of being away from your family from Sunday night until Thursday afternoon is wearing you down.
You would like to find local or regional work so you can be a part of your kids’ activities before they’re grown and out of your house. That’s understandable, but you’ve been hesitating – not knowing how to get started on finding a job that complements your life in the right way.
You need help
Finding the right job is not something to tackle on your own. An experienced staffing firm has the tools to become your partner in the search for a job that is the right fit for you and then helping you to show a potential employer that you are a good fit for the job and the company culture. Here are some other advantages to using a well-respected staffing firm:
- Flexibility and freedom: The right staffing company can offer you a healthy life-work balance with control of your schedule.
- Temp-to-hire program: The opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of trucking companies comes from a temp-to-hire program. This program allows you to make an informed decision when you later decide to work for one company permanently.
- Improve your skills: In addition to having a stable income from the steady work provided through the staffing firm, you’re continuously improving your driving skills by working in different environments.
Three things to look for in a staffing firm
You don’t look for a new job very often. Professionals in a staffing firm do it several times each day. It’s their business to know what’s going on in the ever-changing job market. Their experience can guide you through the job search and lower the risk of surprises and challenges.
2. Competitive salary with benefits
If you’ve been driving a truck, you will agree that it’s a professional occupation. It requires training and skill, and the pay should be commensurate with the profession. And benefits should be part of any compensation package. Look for a staffing firm that treats truck driving as a career, not just another job.
3. An opportunity for steady work
Make sure that any staffing company that you are considering has an extensive network of clients from which to find driving jobs for you. Great firms can give you access to jobs that might not be advertised anywhere else, increasing the chance that you will have a stable income.
Don’t go it alone
Contact a Contracted Driver Services representative today to start on the road to success. Staffing for the transportation industry is our specialty. With the help of a CDS Career Manager, you’ll have access to opportunities that will be of benefit to you and your family.
CDS has over 500 clients throughout the country, and you will find out about jobs that may not be advertised elsewhere. We offer competitive wages and benefits and can provide you with assignments that give you the flexibility to work where you want when you want.